Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Free printable Christmas Advent Calendar mini boxes garland.





Handmade Christmas Advent Calendars can be expensive to buy particularly if you want something a bit different and who want's the boring themed chocolate versions the supermarkets sell, they are cheap and the look cheap.

I decided I needed a new one this year, our old fabric one has seen better days, so I set about designing my own. I've made it from 24 printed and handmade mini gift boxes measuring just 5 x 7 x 2 cm. Each box has a different pattern of either spots, stripes, chevron zi zags or diamond checks in red and green, the numbers are in a circular Christmas Wreath design. The boxes are threaded onto a lovely rustic natural brown string, I've strung mine onto four short strings to make them easier to photograph but they would be better on one long string to put along a fire place or down the stairs. The boxes are just the right size for a small gift or chocolate, my boxes will each have two Cadbury's Heroes, one for each daughter.

If you would like to make my Christmas Advent garland for yourself you can download the Free boxes and instructions from the Crafty Ferret website.
 

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for some contemporary papers for a card and came across your blog and found the perfect papers! I also love this idea for an alternative advent calendar and will be trying it out. Thank you for the freebies and the inspiration, I will be following you!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete